Hi David,

I don't know if you are still having this problem or not, but I did a web search and found this thread on seqanswers from 2/16 that seems like a good match to the problem you were having:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65085

These scientists resolved the problem by removing the "--closure-search" option from the command string.

On the Galaxy tool form, this is the option "Use Closure Search:". which is "No" by default. Perhaps you set this to be "Yes"? I would try switching it to "No" to see if that solves the problem.

If not, then contacting the tool authors would probably be the best next step, either at seqanswers or directly at tophat.cuffli...@gmail.com. The original guess about genome indexes was way off base, this is a python error statement. I don't believe this to be related to the Galaxy wrapper but will cc Jeremy for a second opinion.

Hopefully the first option will resolve the issue!