Hi Ateequr,

I don't think there is an easy answer to your question. I would highly
recommend you take a look to this recently released paper from Tophat
and Cufflinks authors:
Differential gene and transcript expression analysis of RNA-seq
experiments with TopHat and Cufflinks.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22383036

The somehow short answer to your question is, you should run cuffdiff
with the transcript file from cuffmerge, although I don't quite
understand what you mean by "and concatenate data sets". You should
not concatenate the BAM files, or you won't be able to run cuffdiff
correctly.

Depending on how you ran cufflinks, by using the transcript file from
cuffmerge you will get expression values for possible new transcripts
not present in the databases. This is commonly desired. If you aren't
interested in possible new transcripts, then you could simply use a
GFF file with transcripts definitions for the genome you are using. In
this case you will have the advantage of getting the results with IDs
compatibles with the database source the GFF came from. If you use the
cuffmerge file you might have the results using cufflinks generated
IDs.

Hope it helps,
Carlos