In the title information you need to include UseScore information including the
range you want to cover with your histogram. There is a section in the UCSC
website that explains the content:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQformat.html#format1

For stating the range of your histogram: scoreMin=X scoreMax=X. This will mean
that the greyscale shading uses the two X values as the value for white and
black, all other points will be an even range like the example on the UCSC
browser page.

When I was doing this the information I used was wiggle format:
track type = wiggle_0 name="name of track" description="description" useScore=1
scoreMin=0 scoreMax=6.
ChrNo  StartPos FinishPos Score

Hope that makes sense/helps
lizzy