Both responses worked for checking python version, but trying to download gave
an error:

Install Galaxy on Mac OS10.7
1. Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
2. Check Python version by pasting in "python -V", no quotes, and hit return
        response = Python 2.7.1
3. Get Galaxy by pasting in "% hg clone
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist/";, no quotes, and hit return
        response = -bash: fg: %: no such job