About half the time I try to boot up my galaxy cluster in AWS, cloudman aborts
because it could not attach the galaxyTools volume with the line:
"Cannot attach volume 'vol-xxxxxx' in state 'creating'
It appears that in /cm/services/data/volume.py it tries to mount the volume
every two seconds up to a minute and then gives up. In the AWS EC2 volume pane,
the volume in question always eventually ends up in the state "available", but
often not in enough time and cloudman gives up.
Could you possibly 1) increase the timeout to account for variations in AWS
service performance, 2) selectively wait longer if the state is "creating" or
3) make the timeout period configurable in galaxy's settings?
If it matters, the tools snapshot is my own that I made after modifying the
standard volume. But again, when it boots up successfully the other half of the
time, the cluster behaves normally.
Thanks,
Joel