*We just released an update to CloudMan.* CloudMan offers an easy way to
get a personal and completely functional instance of Galaxy in the cloud in
just a few minutes, without any manual configuration.
*This update brings a large number of updates and new features, the most
prominent ones being:*
- Support for Eucalyptus cloud middleware. Thanks to Alex Richter. Also,
CloudMan can now run on the HPcloud in basic mode (note that there is no
public image available on the HPcloud at the moment and one would thus need
to be built by you).
- Added a new file system management interface on the CloudMan Admin page,
allowing control and providing insight into each available file system
- Added quite a few new user data options. See the UserData
page<http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/CloudMan/UserData>for details. Thanks
to John Chilton.
- Galaxy can now be run in multi-process mode. Thanks to John Chilton.
Added Galaxy Reports app as a CloudMan service. Thanks to John Chilton.
- Introduced a new format for cluster configuration persistence, allowing
more flexibility in how services are maintained
- Added a new file system service for instance's transient storage,
allowing it to be used across the cluster over NFS. The file system is
available at /mnt/transient_nfs just know that any data stored there* will
not be preserved* after a cluster is terminated.
- Support for Ubuntu 12.10
- Worker instances are now also SGE submit hosts
This update comes as a result of 175 code changesets; for a complete list
of changes, see the commit
Any new cluster will automatically start using this version of CloudMan.
Existing clusters will be given an option to do an automatic update once
the main interface page is refreshed.
Let us know what you think,
The Galaxy User list should be used for the discussion of
Galaxy analysis and other features on the public server
at usegalaxy.org. Please keep all replies on the list by
using "reply all" in your mail client. For discussion of
local Galaxy instances and the Galaxy source code, please
use the Galaxy Development list:
To manage your subscriptions to this and other Galaxy lists,
please use the interface at: