Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for your advice!

However when I tried this out I got some more questions.

I am dealing with a bacterium which has about 4000 genes. When I tried
Cuffmerge to merge everything with reference annotation, I got a merged
file of only 50 lines. If I left out the reference annotation file,
Cuffmerge returned me a merged file of 4000 lines (which is more
reasonable).

However this difference didn't happen if I use Cuffcompare to merge all the
files. With or Without reference annotation, the merged file are both of
4000 lines. If I continue to Cuffdiff with this Cuffcompare file, I got
over 1000 significantly changed genes.

Could you give me some suggestion on this? Should I just trust the
Cuffcompare file?

Is it possible that there might be some problem with my reference
annotation file?

Thank you very much,

Qian

--