Since you have isolated the problem to running on ceph, I'm not sure
there is much help we can offer. My understanding is that the posix
filesystem part of ceph (as opposed to the object store) is still in
development and could have bugs.

--
James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology/CS, Emory University