Hi Yona,

To merge together multiple datasets this way, use the tool "Text Manipulation -> Concatenate datasets tail-to-head". This works on two datasets at a time, so you may need to run it a few times if you have more than that, adding in a new file to the master merged file with each run.

Watch out for introducing blank lines (unintentionally) between the files. To remove them should any be present (it doesn't harm a file if none are there), after you have merged all the files together, use the tool "Filter and Sort -> Select" with:
   option: NOT Matching
   and the expression: ^$

Once you are sure that the merged file is correct, you can permanently delete the working files to recover disk space. "FastQC" and/or "FASTQ Groomer" are generally both good at detecting format problems.
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Support#Error_from_tools

Good luck with your project,