The lab I work with would like to compare a few populations' genomes of a
species with an unpublished genome assembly. I have sequence data for each
population that was created using only single-size insertion sequences,
yielding only short paired-end reads. I was able to create a genome assembly
for one of the populations and would like to see how it compares to another
closely related species (which has a published genome). I used Augustus
(http://bioinf.uni-greifswald.de/augustus/) to produce a GFF annotation for my
assembly but am not sure how to best go about comparing my assembly to the
published assembly of the other species. Can Galaxy help? Are there other tools
that may be of use? I tried using ACT
(http://www.sanger.ac.uk/resources/software/act/) but it never finished. These
genomes are approximately 1Gbp. Any advice would help.

Thanks,

Joshua Burkhart