Hello Elwood,

The public Main Galaxy server was very busy this weekend this likely contributed to the problems you were having with loaded and possibly with job execution.

First, be sure that you are loading with FTP and confirming that loading is successful with a client during this time. This also permits interrupted loads can be restarted as necessary.
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/FTPUpload

For the Tophat job, there were some known job failures related to load. I would restart the job and see if a new run resolves the issue. If the problem is persistent, please submit the new error as a bug report and we can take a closer look. Be sure to leave all inputs and both Tophat runs active (undeleted) if you submit a bug report, as a history is often very helpful/necessary when diagnosing a problem.

Sorry that you were having problems, but hopefully these can be resolved quickly.

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team