Sachit, that's a feature, not a bug.
Changing the name of a file on disk being managed by Galaxy is unlikely to
have a happy ending.
The pencil icon allows changes to the history display name but the disk
file name needs to be left alone.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Sachit Adhikari <
sachit.techner...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but unfortunately that didn't work too. I have already tried the
> solution you provided. I could edit the tags and annotations but it won't
> change the file name in my file system. The file is still named as *
> "dataset_43649.dat". *
>

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Sachit Adhikari
>> <sachit.techner...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > By "i" do you mean Edit attributes button? There are four sub-headings
>> on
>> > that: Attributes, Convert format, Datatype and permissions but I can't
>> see
>> > data file's full path on any of them. What's wrong?
>>
>> No, not the edit button.
>>
>> First click on a dataset's title so it expands. You should see a snippet
>> of data etc plus a row of icons (save, information, reload in bottom
>> left of the history, and tags and annotation bottom right).
>>
>> Peter

>   http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH;
Head, Medical Bioinformatics, BakerIDI; Tel: +61 385321444
http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=UCUuEM4AAAAJ