Hi Jennifer,

Things are going better in the main server of Galaxy since the beginning
of this week: thanks for these last improvements !

However, I started worflows of NGS analysis last monday (30th of
september) for two histories (I guess something similar to Zuzana's
worflow). Since I started it, all the steps of the worflow are "waiting
to run" ("grey status"). I tried many times to start them by clicking on
"Resume paused jobs" (in the history wheel-tool menu), but nothing happened.
As you said in your reply to Zuzana, NGS jobs are still in hold so far.
Do you confirm me I ought to wait (and avoid cancelling the worflow to
start a new one, as it would end up in more delay)?

At the same time, I am doing other NGS analysis with other histories
(GATK Base Quality Recalibration and Unified Genotyper) and these jobs
are working well. This time, I am doing all the steps sequentially,
without worflows. Do individual NGS jobs run better than worflows or is
it just variable from tool to tool ?

Thank you for reply and for all your constant efforts to maintain this
very useful plateform in shape !

Fabrice

Le 03/10/2013 00:20, Jennifer Jackson a écrit :
> Hi Zuzana,
>
> Jobs queue individually. But different jobs may queue to different
> clusters, so if there are no dependencies, you may see jobs execute out
> of order. Workflows are still a benefit as this places jobs in the queue
> sooner than waiting for each job to finished (under normal circumstances
> - not the extended queue times seen now during the server reconfiguration).
>
> The banner on main provides updates about the status of Main, but right
> now NGS jobs are in hold. We expect these to start again tomorrow and
> then for the final stages of the upgrades to be complete within the next
> few weeks.
>
> Apologies for the slow reply to your question,
>
> Jen
> Galaxy team
>
> On 7/24/13 2:33 PM, zuzmus wrote:
>> Dear Galaxy managers,
>>
>> I would like to ask about the queuing rules for the workflows before
>> processed on the server?
>>
>> I use my customized Galaxy workflow which contains 22 following steps
>> (basically, filtering, trimming and format change of NGS data). I
>> guess the server is generally very busy during last weeks/months (?),
>> so my job was waiting about 24 hours in a queue (which would not be a
>> problem), and then the first step of the workflow was processed, but
>> the following 21 is again/still waiting (already for another couple of
>> hours...). It makes me wondering about the queuing rules because I
>> expected that the whole workflow is queued as one job.. Then my
>> question is if the whole workflow, once submitted, is listed in the
>> queue, or does the following step queue only after the previous step
>> is finished (which would mean to wait the whole queue for each step of
>> the workflow...)?
>>
>> I routinely used those wrokflows before (months ago) without any
>> problems...
>>
>> I tried to search similar question in the archive before I posted this
>> one...
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your answer,
>>
>> My best
>>
>> Zuzana Musilova
>> --
>> Zuzana Musilova, PhD.
>> (zuz...@gmail.com <mailto:zuz...@gmail.com>)
>>
>> Zoological Institute
>> University of Basel
>> Vesalgasse 1, CH-4051 Basel
>> Switzerland - Europe

>> please use the interface at:
>>
>>    http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

>   http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Fabrice Besnard
Institute of Biology of the Ecole Normale Supérieure (IBENS)
46 rue d'Ulm, 75230 Paris cedex 05, France
8th floor. Office: Room 802. Lab: Room 817.
mail: fbesn...@biologie.ens.fr
Tel: +33-1-44-32-39-31