HI,
it seems to me as if visually impaired gamers have either no or little
experience with the mainstream games, or just think that the level of
complexity you get from these games is impossible for the blind accessible
ones. Either way, looks like they get too easily grateful for what the
developers release nowadays, thinking it's the best they can get and not
wanting more. What's so cool about fighting bad guys, shooting at snakes,
catching rats with a net or spraying termites in an antique shop? (Have a
friend who bought Bavisoft games so played them when I visited him.) The way
you do it is all the same and there is nothing more to it.
Although I'm gonna give out a major spoiler now, I'm gonna betray the most
perfect part about my planned boss for one of my games now to give you an
idea about the potential complexity I do imagine.
It's gonna be a game somewhat inspired by Resident Evil, so that you will
get to face him several times throughout the game and will have the choice
to fight for your life or run away like hell. HOwever, he is too strong for
you to beat him, you can only stun him for a while so that you have enough
time to run, and he can easily beat you. In the end, however, you will gain
control over a military battle vehicle equipped with a machine gun, a
grenade launcher (with three possible types of grenades) and a flame thrower
and will face him in this final battle. Depending on what you do, you could
get several a bit different endings. You can use any of the three weapons or
just try to drive over him. If you use the machine gun, although it's strong
enough to get rid of most other creatures easily, he can regenerate well
enough to stay healthy. The rain of bullets would however prevent him from
moving ahead very quickly, so that you could easily run away and end the
game in one possible way. If you use the grenades, it would either do
nothing to him as well or would injure him seriously, so that he would get
out of your way for a while, but his regeneration would again make him stand
up after some time. And if you used the flame thrower or ran over him, you'd
crush him like a bug (hey, hey, Super Liam! :-) but it of course would be
pretty darn difficult to do so that the battle would have something really
tough to it...
Not to mention that if you combined the weapons together, you'd still
achieve nothing except stunning or paralysing him for a while and thus
getting a less satisfying ending, if you didn't use fire or the weight of
the vehicle, again.
But you can of course still play Grizzly Gulch and catch some rats after
winning this game. :-D
Best wishes,
Lukas