Hi.
Well, RR is suppose to be getting a gravity gun so after you played x
number of races you will be able to fire it at the AI driven racer which
will slow him down. He will also be able to buy one which will slow your
proformence for a while.
It's not a feature I am exactly thrilled about, but many of the other
features of the game are pretty cool.
As for the engine noises they are actually much better. I really like
the new sounds in Alpha 18 over Alpha 11.