USA Games News

5/19/2006

Introduction

Hello, gamers.
Some of you have emailed our sales department with questions about Monty
and some questions about the expected STFC patch. We will attempt to
answer these questions here in this news letter.

Final Conflict

I know that previously I had mentioned that the patch would be ready at
the beginning of May. Well, life got in the way of the plans, and it has
taken until now to get the patch stable enough for release. There are a
couple of miner changes and updates I want to get in to the patch, and I
am hoping to have a release ready by Saturday afternoon.
This patch will correct some critical errors in STFC 1.0 beta, and
should get everyone up to date with the changes fairly quickly. I'm
debating on weather or not to do a full upgrade or a patch, but it might
be better to do a full install as some of you had problems getting it
installed with .net framework 2.0 which I should be upgrading to in the
coming months before release.

Montezuma's Revenge

Some of you have been asking when Montezuma's Revenge will be rleased.
Honestly, I can't say. I've been working on three separate projects not
giving any one of them all my divotion at any single time.  However,
just know the new Monty engine is doing well. There are a few things I
want to fix, but once I do that I am going to begin coding temple 2 and
the bonus temple. After that we can see about getting an Alpha out to
play with.

Jedi Strike

Even with all the other projects I am working on I have began over
halling the SWJS engine. There is allot of features I am going to work
on with this game when I get the time, and as per request ages ago I am
adding a wide range of force powers you can choose from such as push,
pull, heal, jump, and force sspeed, and saber throw. Dark siders have
force blinding and lightning to add to the force abilities. I have
decided to loosely but not quite base this game on Mysteries of the
Sith. Why?
Well, some of the Lucas Arts titles were really good to play. I have a
memory of the layouts of some of the levels, and that will allow me to
code the levels allot quicker. Although, since the levels are three
dementional there is  allot more to designing the levels than with
Monty. You have rooms above you, below you, and hall ways, leading off
to the rooms on the same level. It makes the levels lot more difficult
to travel than sod which is all on one level.
Other things to consider is you might walk in to a hall and there can be
storm troopers up on a balcony above you firing down at you. You will
have to force jump up there, or try and shoot them from your position
with a captured blaster. In tother words enemies can be above or below
you as well as left, right, ahead, and behind you.
So that is where we are with that title. I'm going to cut this short so
I can get some sleep, but when I get up I plan to work on the STFC patch.