The brooms and balls all had sound effects, lifted right from the
film if memory serves.  You could play for any number of various
countries in the Quidditch finals in order to work your way to the
championship.  Most of the audio was commentated by Ludo Bagman, as
in the books.  Everyone rides Firebolts, as far as I
remember.  However, the game also allows you to play for the Hogwarts
school Quidditch cup between the various Hogwarts houses.  In that
case you only ride a Nimbus 2001, if memory serves, and the
commentating is done by the Weasley twins' friend Lee Jordan.  It's
been a while, but i messed about with it, but there really isn't
enough audio feedback to play it properly without vision.  Still, it
is fun to watch sighted folks tackle it.