what is chicanes?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Che
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 1:18 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Rail Racer beta update

  Booga booga.
  First of all, I will be in the game chat today on for the people at 3PM
eastern.  I will answer any questions about the Rail Racer beta, as well as
play the game live for anyone that wants to listen.
  The beta is ready to roll.  I have to clean up a couple of tutorial files,

and tweak a few tracks, but other than that it is done.
  The only snag now is that I have changed obfuscation software, and the
company I bought the new package from hasn't sent me my download links yet.
Hopefully, I will hear from them today, and if so, I will release the game
tonight.
  If not, it could be Monday before I can release.
  Either way, you can count on a release by Monday night at the latest.
  I apologize for the delays, but I have to know my code isn't going to be
easily hacked before I release it.
  One good thing to come from the wait is I was able to include a new
feature in the game called Force shields.
  These shields are a wall of energy that only allow passage under a certain

speed.  If you try to go through them too fast, you will be brought to a
screeching halt.  These more or less act as futuristic chicanes on the
track, and really keep you on your toes regarding your speed.
  As with all the other track features, Force Shields will be included in
the track editor, so you can populate your own tracks with them.
  The force shields add a very interesting element to the races, and make
for some very intricate tracks as well.
  I will update the list as soon as I get a hard release time.
  Hope to see ya in the game chat,
  Che
Blind Adrenaline Simulations
Games by one of us, for all of us.