If he's smart, he did use a proxie. And if the web developer's smart,
he'll implement something that checks the IP addresses of people
visiting his website against a list of currently known proxie
servers. I'd recommend dnsbl.org or something along those lines. That
way most of the problem is mitigated before it has a chance to impact
the website. Then, if it gets through anyway, it's likely not a
proxie in use and you can inform the appropriate service owner.

James