don't think, don't stop, don't even look at your base stats.
And try to stay with your machine guns when ever possible.
Use shield when you absolutely need as it needs recharging and if you must use
a nuke or rocket, try to keep your machine gun rythm up.
Firstly you should try to get to level 10 al almost get there.
Then you should beat the entire thing.
Believe me that if you play the game just right you will win even when you
don't.