Well as long as I have a machine that works or that can have xp I won't be going up and if I do it will be 7 that I go to not 8.
Ofcause once xp stopps hardware manufacturers stop.
so no drivers for any new stuf.
Now right now thats probably not to bad, even if they stop next year that does mean a lot of new stuff up to i7 etc will still have minimal drivers for xp probably.
but don't hold your life on it.
my realtech card has not been updated since last year in june and sure enough my toshiba laptops I am looking at now don't use realtech cards and mostly intel ones. So chances are if you want a system that was released up to june 2012 you will have realtech cards after that well.
It was the reason I moved from 98 among other things.
Well networking was the other thing.