I know I'm doing a taboo by adding to this off topic thread, but I thought
this to be important.

I used to work for Freedom Scientific as front line tech support.  I first
started out by performing my duties as a contractor in 2005.  This was in
part due to voc rehab sending me down to Florida for classes offered by
Freedom Scientific to get my business off the ground.  To make a long story
short, I worked as a contractor for about a year, then actually moved to St.
Petersburg to work in-house.

In May of 2008, I was cut due to economic reasons.  Florida is a right to
work state, so FS can do any damn thing they want to justify letting someone
go, which they did without batting an eyelash.

Since May of 2008, I have been pounding the virtual and actual pavement
looking for jobs, and it is now April 2013, and I still have no job.

I have since moved back to Georgia to take care of my dad after my mom
passed away in February 2011.  Dad died in January of this year.  I didn't
stop looking for jobs.  I can't tell you how many times I have applied for
Apple since I've moved back to Augusta, and still am applying.  I have also
applied to quite a few other companies and have received canned responses
saying my resume will be filed and kept for 6 months or whatever.

Ken, don't feel bad man!  I'm not a massage therapist, but I understand
where you're coming from.

Trouble, I have been in your situation ten years ago, and I know how you
feel.  I worked for a call center, and the company contracted with Cox
communications.  We had it set up for a scripter to come in and set up JAWS
for working with the software.  Cox gave some BS reason that they didn't
want outsiders looking at their customers' data.  Ever heard of mock data?
Anyway, that went to the Justice Department, but nothing was gained from
that.

It's rough not able to find work, work you are capable of doing!  For
whatever reason, employers seem to have blinders on when it comes to us.
Some days are good, some days are rough in dealing with the fact that all
you have is SSI and no retirement.  I just try to keep plugging along.  It
sure doesn't help that I'm 40 years old to boot!

To get this topic game related, it's like a game; Keep playing and
eventually you'll go to the next level!  At least that's what I tell
myself...