To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 1:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] shades of doom and gtc and windows7

Hi Shaun,

The problem is that Directsound 8 is not properly emulated on newer
versions of Windows. The virtual 3d audio support is broken on Windows
Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8, and especially when it comes to
hardware mixing. The simple solution to this problem is when and where
possible set the games up for simple 2d stereo panning. I know in
Shades of Doom, for example, you can go into settings and use stereo
output which works on Windows 7, but the virtual 3d does not work
correctly if at all with some games. So hope that answers your
questions.

Hi all.
Today I was fiddling round with my box while setting it up.
or rather continuing to do so.
I decided to play sod I assume this is going to be the same issue on
gtc to not sure about lonewolf.
I can navigate and shoot ok.
if I find say a door, or an object to pick up it stays in the same
position no matter where I am.
I even have the sound at full 3d mode and no real change.
otherwise the game works quite well.
If this thing can only work on xp  properly then that potentually
could become an issue as xp is retired.
is there any way to get round the issue and have the game play as it
should or do I just muddle through.
Otherwise the gameplay on my new hd card really sounds realistic with
a wide stereo image and I sertainly know where I am and where enemies
are coming from though there is no variation if its coming from the
left then its really at the left.

-----
No virus found in this message.