well its interesting you should mention this.
I just got a personal mail from frank of eamon deluxe.
he is working on several editers both windows and dos for the eamon project.
one of these is a distro build of debian wisi which he plans to make accessable for msvpc and vmware opendata format.
So this is interesting.
Now I have only just aggreed to this stuff and have not seen anything of the code, but essentually the distros would be custom built for the eamon system.
and other things.
so you are welcome to looky at that thing.