Hi Ken,

Well, I've never had a specific favorite interactive fiction  game
simply because I'll get interested in one, either get tired of it or
complete it, and then move on to the next one I find. As a result I
hardly play a game more than twice, and I suppose I should revisit
some of the ones I've played in order to give a better review of them.

I think the primary reason for that is there isn't enough
randomization between games. Once I figure out the puzzles I can solve
them regardless how many times I play the game so there is no thrill
or challenge of discovery any more. So my general feeling on
interactive fiction as a whole is it only has replay value until you
solve it.

Cheers!