I'm going to do a stress test of some code during the
night as I sleep.  Special thanks goes out to Saul, Jessicat, and
TrueZombie (listed in order by name length, from shortest to longest)
for helping me work out the bugs tonight!
As you guys may remember, it only took me half a day out of the 2 days I
set aside for repairing the Swamp records.  I used the other day and a
half, plus a bit of debugging tonight, to put together a little add-on
game for Swamp.  This little game uses the Swamp sounds and map files,
but it plays a bit differently.  I present to you, the rough stress-test beta
of Swamp Tide.
Just toss this file into your existing Swamp
folder and run it.  Eventually this will be sort of tied into the Swamp
client, but for now this will work.  When you run the program it will
automatically connect you, using the last name you signed in to Swamp
with.  No worrying about your hard earned equipment, because it won't be going
with you into Swamp Tide.  Everything will be waiting for you
when you get back.
For this test, only the most basic mechanics
are working.  When players join the server, you spawn as a zombie.
Elsewhere there will be humans that you must hunt down and kill.  Any
zombies that die will simply respawn again, but any humans that die will
respawn as zombies themselves!  Once there is only 1 human left, or
none if someone disconnects, the game match ends and the server starts
up a new one.  Every player is spawned as a human, equipped with a
random weapon.  There will be 1 starting zombie who is the winner of the last
match, or randomly chosen if the winner disconnected.  Any humans
who have melee weapons will find that they swing much slower than in
normal Swamp, and any humans with guns will be limited to precious
little ammunition.  Make each round count soldier!
Zombies will
randomly growl, and humans will randomly say phrases, but it is much
less likely than growling.  This is a fun way to give away your position to
anyone within ear shot, hehe.  Randomly swinging your melee weapon
as you walk is not as good of an idea in Swamp Tide, since the noise
pretty much tells every zombie player where to find their next meal.
Chat and whispers won't work between species, so the opposing team can not hear
what you type.
Have fun, and hopefully the stress goes well.  I can pretty easily add in
the other features once I know these are working.  Other features
include zombie upgrades so that you grow into the stronger zombies as
you kill humans, other random weapons for humans to start with, and ways for
humans to get extra ammo.
www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/tidetest.zip
Enjoy.
P.S.  I forgot to mention that the game requires 3 people to function
properly.  So if you happen to get on and there are less than 3 players, it
won't end the match to start up a new one.  It will start playing
the matches as soon as a 3rd person joins though.