Yes, it'll play the same demo, but actually you can use other weapons other
than the first nine.
You won't notice changes in the actual quake (e.g. other footsteps sound),
because jq is not a full quake modification, it is like an extension, it allows
you to use
different weapons, like light saber, stun gun, saber dart, and others.
When you're in quake, press your console key to activate your console, then you
can try the new mod, by typing 'dm', that'll start a deathmatch (with bots and
you),
and here you can use the different weapons/additions, and you can see how they
work.
The latest version won't work with the single player mode, due to sound
precaching problems. I believe jq 3.8 has a sp and dm version (single
player/death match),
which you can use with sp mode.
You install it as you did before with jq 4, and then just choose jq 3.8 sp. Of
course, the new modifications won't be available which you can find in jq4,
because it is
an earlier version.
Rob

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:04:18 -0500, Josh wrote:

>Hi,

>Ok I set the console toggle to be f2. Now that I have access to the console,
>and I also put the jedi quake folder inside the shareware quake folder. When
>I go into audio quake and press m for mods press enter till I'm on
>jedi-quake, and then press p and enter to play it it still plays the same
>quake demo as it did before. How do I make it play jedi quake?

>Josh

>email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>AOL: kutztownstudent
>msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]