Well first off, the manual should address all of this, but
providing you're doing the above, there's a prob with the way you're
starting the game.  And the game shouldn't allow you to start this way, and
it the should tell you that...  I don't know why it isn't...

   1 press m from the main menu
This will get you into the mods list

2 select Jedi Quake

3 As was announced in the mods menu, p will play the particular mod, so
press the letter p and you'll play the selected mod, which is, in this
case, Jedi Quake

You'll now be in the game and you can bring up the console.  Here you can
type in the various commands to play the different games in Quake.  So in
this case, you'll either type tut to start the tutorials or dm to start a
deathmatch game...

Remember, that once the actual game starts, to close the console otherwise
the keys you press will go to it and not to the game itself.

     When you want to stop playing, simply bring up the console and type
quit and enter that.  You'll then be back at the main menu again and you
can press x to fully exit Audio quake.

   The menu choices should be spoken to you so if they aren't, please let
me know, K?...

Thanks so much...

Smiles,

Cara