Hi charlse.

That is true, but I did always enjoy the strategic elements of landing on certian properties and waiting to see what happened. It almost became a game of poker, because if you land on a property someone else wants you can either A, see if you can force them to pay through the nose as you said, or B, buy it yourself and hold on to it to stop them getting the full set or wait to get it off them later.

As I said, it makes for a longer game but I think I do prefer it without the auction myself.

All the best,

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Rivard" <[email protected]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Some practical questions reguarding the Monopoly game


The official rules are that, if a property is landed on that has not been bought, it is immediately auctioned off, and everyone can bid on it. Strategy can come into play. If you know that nobody else can pay a given amount for the property, and that amount is less than the printed price of the property, and you are wealthy, put it up for auction and bid the price they cannot afford and get it for less. If you know that someone needs that property to have a monopoly, and you are wealthy, either raise the bid to more than they can afford or make them pay through the nose for it, which will give you a better winning possibility later on by breaking them.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts, but Labs are a close second.
----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <[email protected]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Some practical questions reguarding the Monopoly game


Hi Jim.

I know you had that rule change in your game, it's just one which has always confused me a little as to it's logic.

I can see the point of auctions for properties landed on and not bought, though to be honest I don't particularly like that rule myself, since I prefer the strategic game of people choosing sets and completing them rather than just forcing sales as quick as possible. I can see the point if you want to speed the game up, but I prefer the slower game myself.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Kitchen" <[email protected]>
To: "dark" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Some practical questions reguarding the Monopoly game


Hi Dark,

Money on free parking is not an official rule, but it is a popular variation that allot of people like to play with. I have that option in my game of monopoly. I also have where you do or do not collect rent if you are in jail as well as an option for an auction for a property that is landed on, but not bought.

BFN

    Jim

"Monopoly? No, we just don't want competition" --Intel

[email protected]
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].



---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].


---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].



---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to