Hi Shaun: Hmm...I don't know of that game specifically, but there have been many clones of Monopoly out there. One of my favorites was a game called Hotels where you went around the world building famous hotels. It was a lot cooler than Monopoly, but unfortunately I no longer have a copy of that game since my wife absconded with it.
In any case I disagree with you that computer games are inherently superior to the board games themselves. Yeah, we can play them ourselves, but there is much to recommend an actual board game over a computer game. For one thing if you have family to play them with it gives you and the family a chance to sit down and interact with one another. Something that is really missing in today's society. Another thing is board games gives us something tactile to feel. Most games comes with plastic or metal figures we can feel to get an idea of what they look like. We can feel the little plastic ships, buildings, and other things which gives us something more than just our imagination to go on. You are probably right to a point that many younger people are less and less interested in card and board games and are addicted to console and PC games. I blame their parents for that as it is up to the parents to teach their children balance. While I have purchased a Wii for my son and he plays a lot of video games I also have made sure to give him standard games like Monopoly, Trouble, Sorry, etc as I think it is important that he learns to enjoy both the way I did growing up. Cheers! On 12/3/13, shaun everiss <[email protected]> wrote: > One of the games I still miss was based on the monopoly concept. > You were trying to become the presidant of a company. > if you failed you would become the cleaner. > It was visual but I got materials and designed a board with cardboard > and foil and with some braille dice and cards and some monopoly > tokens was able to play. > The game was called ulsas but I never played it more than twice > before things got hectic. > To be honest, I played all my games before 2000, before 1995 for 5 > years I had almost no pc and then only a 386. > in 1996 I got a pc but still was able to play. > after 2002 or there abouts that got less till now. > I have an xp system and a win7 system. > everyone has tablets and phones. > I think if there was a way to turn off all devices and the net I'd do it > again. > But there is email, social network, online games and sometimes I find > myself just happily mucking round on youtube or slothing round on the > pc when I know I shouldn't. > I have tried to keep my reading alive but the scary thing is I could > happily stop reading braille in fact stop doing everything I used to > do when taught how to be blind to use the net. > It may actually happen with others. > Family that used to have time to play afterwork are so tired after > looking at a screen all day they want to blob.Ofcause computer games > are ofcause more superior than the crappy board ones, yet I still miss it. > When the only thing you could hear would be the weather outside, when > all you did in the next hour or less was get another coffee. > That doesn't happen so much. > And sadly a lot born into this age of consoles and other things may > never play a game in their lives. > I know, my cousins were born into the borg universe. > They adapted a lot. > They have played a few ugio games and some monopoly but most of it is > simply the computer. > They would probably play all night and day if they were not told to > get off their consoles. > Its why I made an effort to stay off social networks but much as I > have tried, most of what I do is to be online all day and all night. > Something new always comes up and when there isn't I end up mucking > round chewing bandwidth listening to stupid vids, but not being able > to get off again really. > Some days like today the net calms down enough for me to think of > times gone by. --- Gamers mailing list __ [email protected] If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected]. You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org. All messages are archived and can be searched and read at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list, please send E-mail to [email protected].
