Lords and knights isn't really a civ builder game. It's a castle
builder, and it does that remarkably well, even down to the jerks who
send thousands of troops against you without warning or provocation:
that's a tiny personal rant. And you find that in pretty much every
online game of the type.
As for civ games, we don't really have so much, but one game I wish we
could have ported was Alpha Centauri, another cid Mayers game where
you and other groups of settlers land on a planet and colonize it.
Everyone is unique, every leader is different, and there's a lot of
flavor in the game. I don't think it would be unportable, though I
doubt that acquiring the rights to do so or getting anyone corporate
to do so would really work.
The thing is, civ games aren't really that hard to set up, in terms of
the internal mechanics. It's the interface that would take most of the
time. They're really ust a list of stats with perks and penalties.
It's not hard. I just don't know enough about interface development to
pull it off, but maybe someone would work with me and we could put it
all together.
The sad thing is that it's easy to code but hard to brainstorm, though
I'm a really good brainstormer and a really lousy coder. If anyone's
interested in actually making one, i'll sit down and talk with you
about anything you migt want or need.

On 12/7/13, K <ks.steinbac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sid meiers made some great games.  I believe he made the civilization games,
>
> plus a game called Pirates!  that had you start out as either an English
> privateer, a spanish merchant, a dutch  trader or a frnech buccaneer.  in
> the carrabean, you'd sail around, attack other ships, hire more men, buy
> cannon for your ships, and then attack island cities and try to become the
> best or worst pirate depending on your state of mind, you can be.  you'd
> marry, make diplomatic treaties with other countires, etc.  very visual so I
>
> don't know if it could be ported to a blind verison, but it took up most of
>
> my free time when I was in junior high and hich school

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard