well it all depends on what you want.
Lotitech still arguably make the best sticks /pads, though I have heard from a hard core gamer that plays that force feedback although good does sacrofice some positional information especially with centering. He recomended the ms prosition sticks but these are large heavy metal things which to be honest you probably do not want. I don't have space for an actual stick myself but I think I may end up with some gamepad, there is a philips one but to be honest I have only needed keyboard and mouse so far so I am not sure.