Hi ya,
 Just red this quote from the list:
Start quote:

> First, ignoring Mac as a viable platform for blind gamers is a poor
strategy. One year on, and Mac sales are still far exceeding Windows sales,
even in comparison to back in the hay day of audio games, some 10 years ago
or so. It isn't just about raw user numbers, it is about demographics and
the quality of those users.
 End quote

  Maybe I am misunderstanding the quote here, but are you saying that macs
are outselling windows machines?
  Where are you getting those numbers?
  Its been a while since I checked, but last time I took notice macs were
around 5 or 6 percent with PC's over 80 percent.
  I am sure the mac has made strides in recent years, but if they are
outselling windows machines in pretty much any significant market, that is
surprising news to me.
  I could see where macs may be accelerating with the decline of the PC, but
last I checked, they have a really long way to go to be anywhere near
outselling windows machines.
  If macs are indeed outselling pc's with windows, I would have lost a large
bet on that, had a wager been presented to my degenerate gambling self.
  Here is what I dug up quickly on google before going to bed:
In an interview with Computerworld, Gartner analyst Carolina Milanesi says a
major OS shift is coming. By 2015, she predicts, devices running Apple
operating systems will overtake those running Windows.

Last year, shipments of products running Windows still handily outnumbered
those running Mac OS and iOS, by 347 million to 213 million, according to
figures from Gartner published Monday. The lead will be slashed to 23
million in 2014, and the Apple OSes will likely outnumber Windows devices in
2015, said Carolina Milanesi, research vice president at Gartner.

End article clip

  So based on those numbers, even throwing in the mobile iOS into the mac
equation,  windows is outselling them, strip out iOS and those numbers get
far more out of balance when we're talking windows versus mac straight up.
  Obviously on the mobile side of things, apple is owning microsoft, but if
we're talking macs versus windows, i.e. desktops and laptops, its not even
close, and won't be for many years to come.
  I think regarding mobile platforms if MS doesn't get their heads out of
their collective rear ends, they'll be selling Xbox 2s exclusively in
another decade, but for now, they dominate the desktop and laptop market
hands down in raw sales.
  I'm no microsoft fan boy, I have plenty of apple equipment as well, just
wanted to make sure folks had the right information on this topic,
especially potential developers.
  There are a lot of audio gamers using macs now, and I am glad for it, but
the windows users as far as raw numbers go blow them out of the water,
something I considered and researched very carefully when deciding whether
to port Rail Racer 2 to mac.  In the end, the work didn't justify the
return, not at this point in time anyhow.
  I am learning slowly how to program for iOS, but it is tedious the way
voiceover works on the mac, too many hoops to jump through for basic stuff
making it very inefficient.
  Secondly, I'm having a hard time finding help out in the community,
although I've only recently started, and I'm sure there are groups of
accessible programmers out there somewhere willing to help out with the
occasional question from a newbie to the system and xCode IDE, I just
haven't ferreted them out yet.
  If anyone out there knows of someone willing to help me answer a few basic
questions about xcode and the like, I'm all about it, and willing to pay for
the tutoring,.
  Cara graciouslly showed me a few things, but I thinnk she is too busy at
this point, and I don't want to pester folks.
Thanks,
 Che
Email: blindadrenal...@gmail.com

  Comments?