hi, i'll answer the questions under each question.
> 1.  How long do you think it'll last?
about 4 or 5 years, my previous toshiba lasted that long, and only
died cause the person i gave it too managed to kill the system
somehow. lol. otherwise it would still be with me.

> 2.  How much do you think you'll get when you try to flog that when bits of
> it stop working or when you need something faster?
i don't flog computers. i use them till they drop. i rarely ever sell
a computer on, less somebody really needs it.
and what's more, is that this is toshiba. every toshiba i have sunk
money into, has lasted longer then useless acers and such computers.

> 3.  How good is it to handle in daily use?
it is more then amazing. it's light, although obviously for it's
power, it's not an ultrabook, it's not too bad on weight. generates
little heat, and has a huge fan port that can spin up and cool the
system quite well if it gets a little warm during some heavy work. and
is mind blowingly fast.

> 4.  How much do you enjoy using it?
a lot. it's an awesome system. i sometimes run osX in a vm, as well as
having multiple things open in windows, including skype, chicken
nugget, firefox, winamp, and so on.
and it handles things perfectly! it's amazingly fast. if i go to most
other computers now, they feel slow. lol.

> 5.  How much time do you spend managing it?
very little. no more then you would with a mac.

> 6.  How much money have you spent on necessary extras, like antivirus
> software and an Office suite?
necessary? ... nothing. as windows 8 has it's own virus and malware
scanner, that works very well. and i don't use office, so i don't buy
it. i use either jarte for a word processor, or notepad if just
quickly having to mess with a txt file opened from explorer.

> 7.  How do you think the vendor provides support for it?
quite well, though not as well as apple of course. the apple phone
support is, generally, though not always, better. but toshiba are
farely good. they were able to solve my questions i had for me quite
well and quickly. and without charging me for asking the questions, as
apple will do if you do not have apple care for your product, which is
yet more of a cost on top of an apple device.

> 8.  How much crap did you have to remove from it?
> little. it came with all the toshiba tools, and little else. i got rid of the
> few things that needed to go, but i think there were only 2 things i had to
> get rid of this time.

> 9.  How upgradable is it, both hardware and software wise?
software wise, i've already upgraded it to windows 8.1, very quickly
and easy. hardware wise, i can upgrade the ram or hard drive, and
probably the opticle drive if i really wanted to. not sure how much
more is upgradeable. haven't really bothered to check. i thought i was
going to upgrade it, but as fast as it is, i haven't really wanted to
yet. though i will at some point put in an SSD.
this of course, is far more then you can upgrade current model
macbooks. which you can't upgrade much at all, excepting the software.
with good reason, mind you. having gone super thin, they have moved to
using bare componants, rather then full ones. for example. the SSD's
they are using, are circuits, mounted directly to the main board.

> 10.  How do you restore it to clean factory condition?
with windows 8 reset feature.

don't get me wrong. i'm not saying mac's are a bad thing. they aren't.
for what you pay, you get something that is very light, fantastic
battery life, and can still run windows. they have pritty good support
from apple, but only if you pay for it. and i may yet buy one.
probably in a couple of years, if they upgrade them a bit more in the
mean time. the upgradeability is ultimately the problem with a mac.
most of them, you can't upgrade at all. once you buy it with x y z
configuration, that's it. your stuck with it. but that is less and
less of a problem these days. most people are happy with what they get
in a system. but, we'll see. i have the iPad mini now, and i think
that will probably be enough of a buy from apple for at least the next
year or two. lol. except perhaps the next iPhone. which will have been
a generation jump for me, as i have the iPhone 5.
thing is though, if i do buy a mac, i'll still have to buy windows for
it. unless i just run windows on one machine, and leave the mac as
osx only. but that seems a little of a pointless buy then. if this
machine is still going, which it should be, i'm not sure there's any
point to buying another machine. still, one options i've considdered,
is a mac mini. though upgrading the hdd in those is a pain. you have
to strip out almost every part inside it, to get to the hard drives.
compair that to upgrading the ram, which is right on top when you open
it up. hahaha. anoying, apple?
and the other point is that it hasn't got a battery. lol. i've grown
used to computers not dieing if i have to unplug for a while, such as
during a storm, or if the power gos out, which it does a lot here
during big storms and cyclones.
it would be better, if apple provided osx at a cost, but aloud it to
be used on any system. i have a few computers here i could quite
happelly devote over to running osx. but i can't, or not very easy. it
can be done, but it's messy, and not particularly stable.
but oh well.
regards:
Dallas