Hi folks,
Unfortunately, as of January 5, 2014, X-Sight Interactive will be closing its
doors.
Due to the high demands for games with better storylines, advanced navigation,
high quality audio, and extra extensive support features such as 3d audio and
online multiplayer capabilities, our current titles have not been meeting the
high quality standards both we and our user base expect. As a result we are
caught up in a chicken-egg circle where we are trying to create titles with the
few resources we currently have at our disposal, and trying to sell them. Even
then, despite a lot of time, effort and money put towards these titles, we have
still not even met the expected figures. This means that other expenses such as
new sound effects, voice actors and server costs, are coming from personal
funds alone.
Since 2006 I have, more often than not, had a team of people who have assisted
me greatly in my desire to create audiogames. However, very recently, my entire
team is no more, either due to other commitments, or discontent with the state
of events here. This means that the entire responsibility of running X-Sight
Interactive has fallen to myself, the founder and, once project manager, now
sole survivor, so to speak.
Consequently things have gone downhill in a major way, both from a business and
personal perspective, and, based on the fact that I am a married man with a
family to support, I have neither time nor money enough to continue to keep up
a project that was once a dream, which has now turned into a financial
nightmare.
Up until January 5, 2014, we are offering our two commercial products, X-Wheel
and Active Soundscape Engine, at a heavily reduced price (roughly a 70%
discount) of $5.00 and $3.50 respectively.
After january 5 all product support and marketing will cease, at which point
our free title, River Raiders, will be transferred to my personal website at
www.dcpendleton.co.uk, services such as the scoreboards will remain active
until January 20.
I'd like to thank all our former development and testing teams (Casey Matthews,
Ryan Conroy, Richard and Rachael Claridge, Quinten Pendle, Kelly Sapergia,
Munawar Bijani, Vincent Rikotta, Cory Sharp, Humphrey Clement, Shaun Edwards,
Eric Baud, Joseli Walter, Louis Bryant, Michael Forzano and Matthew Horspool).
Special thanks goes to Ian Paget, Peter Bryenton, Sean Randall, Philip
Bennefall, Jayne Holden, and last but not least, my wife, Josie Pendleton.
Most of all, my sincere grattitude and appreciation go to the people whom it
would be futile to try and name, you. The community who have downloaded,
purchased or otherwise played our games, contributed donations, sensible
suggestions, constructive criticisms, encouragements, feedback, moral support
etc. Without you, I would not have been able to carry on for as long as I have
and it is mainly for this reason that I feel sad to say I have to go.
I wish you all the best of happiness and luck for the future, whatever you do
and wherever you go, and again, thank you so much for making this past eight
years a pleasure for me, even if it hasn’t led us in the direction we expected
it to.
Cheers.
Kind regards,
Damien C.S. Pendleton.