hi. personally, I think it's time that the blind gaming community did
what most of the real gaming industry did a while back. bring out a
game, and say here you go, here are the requirements. its up to you
how you deal with that. if a game dev brings out a game that takes
advantage of newer hardware / newer software, I'm afraid it's up to
the gamer to update and keep with it. they have done that for a long
time now. and you don't seem to hear the complaints as much from them
about it.
sorry, but I think it's time the blind community starts trying to keep
up, in stead of holding ourselves back, and then blaming Microsoft or
apple or who ever, for all the things they have done wrong. sure.
there are things that Microsoft messed up in windows 8. they fixed
some of those in windows 8.1, and will soon be fixing more in the next
version of windows, either next year, or in 2015. they admit they have
made some mistakes, and are going about fixing that. but I'm afraid to
say, that as time go's on, it will be harder and harder to support
ancient languages and software based on them. it's not because they
don't want to, but simply because the cost involved in doing so, is
huge. I mean, come on. people are complaining about windows costing
what it does now! imagine what they would say, if Microsoft turned
around and said, well, we are going to have to charge an extra 50, or
100 dollars per licence, just to keep up support for 10 or 15 year old
software and languages. I don't think that would go over well. and not
being funny, but one of apples good sides, is that they don't do this.
they say, right, here is the new system. this is what it uses. get
used to it, or don't use our product. LOL. harsh, but in some ways,
they have the right idea.
just like they did with 64 bit. in stead of messing around having both
64 and 32 running on the  same operating system in effect, as windows
does now, they basically switched to pure 64 bit, and said, well, this
is what we will use now. all app developers, update your software.
I personally think windows should go all out 64 bit, and stop messing
around. 64 bit is faster, and lets you actually use all your ram, in
stead of only part of it. ahaha. even in XP, if you had 4 GB, you
could never use it all!
you could only use about 2 GB at any one time. how annoying!
and programs running as a proper 64 bit app, are amazingly fast and
smooth to work with.
course, the only reason they haven't gotten rid of 32 bit, is cause
most of the dev's still produce in nothing but 32 bit app's! such as
mozilla, for one! they refuse to bring out a 64 bit version of their
firefox or thunderbird! which is stupid, considering the security
advantages 64 bit gives you.
dallas