Hi Dark,

That is a good point. The room you mentioned is also one of the same
landmarks I use to know if I am progressing because while the number
of enemies that appear from game to game in that room changes somewhat
from game to game it usually has quite a lot. In any case it is
something of an identifiable landmark just because I know when I go
down that hallway and turn right into the doorway I best get ready to
fight like hell, and I know if I clear that room all I have is two
more large rooms to explore, and then take the l-shaped hallway to the
elevator room.

Something else that might help Lindsay is each room has its own
equipment and general background ambiance. I can often tell exactly
where I am in the level just by recognizing the sound of a computer
console or fan somewhere in the room.

Cheers!