Good points, but I refuse to beware the Grue!!

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Sod walkthrough

I disagree charlse at least as regards shades of doom, sinse though the game can be played with stratogy and forthought, it's also possible to get through (as the manual says), with a quick ear and good coorindation, thus learning a few basic rules and applying them might help a great deal, sinse that will just give you the tools needed for the game.

To take one example, If you are coming up to a corner and you hear a monster round it, instead of just walking up to the corner and turning, go up to one wall, turn towards it and sidestep along, meaning that as soon as you get out into the open of the corner you have a much less wide turning circle to turn and shoot the monster. This is relatively easy to apply and doesn't take rocket science.

Even with games like time of conflict, general advice and aide in understanding the game can be hugely helpful, why do you think there are so many books about chess and people to even teach you play better.

This to me is the difference between a walkthru nd a playthru. A walkthbru explains what is going on and what stratogy is being used, and is an entertaining listen even to people who have finished the game just for differences in technique. A playthru on the other hand, just recording the games' audio and nothing else is far less engaging sinse unless you understand much of the game already it won't give you any hints or tips, just show you how one person happens to finish the game.

Beware the grue!