Hi Kelly, To create a set file in Window-Eyes, do the following
1. press control backslash to enter the Window-Eyes control panel
2. press a to select the association option in the treview
3. press right arrow to open the association treview
4. you will now have two options. You will have current association, and if
you press down arrow again, you will have program information. Current
association allows you to main set files, and program information allows you
to view information about associated set files for a specific program.
Anyway, once you are in the assoaciation option and hit right arrow, press
down arrow to go to current association
5. press tab until you here set file Edit box. From there, you can type in
the name of the set file. Lets say you wanted to type in jim kitchens game
so that the speech will go to sleep. You could type in something like
life.set. Note: .set is the extention that Window-Eyes 7.5 or later uses.
Previous versions of Window-Eyes had an extention of .000. After typing in
the name of the set file, then, you want to tab again. You will now be in a
comdo box of a few items. These items let you assoaciate the set files to by
title, which means a title of an application. class, which means a classname
of an application, for example, shell32.  and none, which means don't
assoaciate anything. You want to select the by title of an application, as
that's where your changes will be when you make changes to that applications
set file. After selecting one of the two options, then tab again. This time,
you will have an extra button besides the two buttons that are already on
the screen. The new button is called save and assoaciate. What this does is
it will save your set file, but also save your window-eyes settings if you
happen to make any changes. I hope this helps, Sky.
Ps. In the general option, under core function, the voice on and off, is not
a toggle for application and global, but just a radio button that you can
turn on and off but it does accomplishes the same thing as long as you have
a set file assoaciated for an application.