Hi Charlse.

I can see those methods working, but to be honest I have never been a big one for chat rooms and wouldn't buy a game primarily intended for play in one if I didn't have anyone at the same machine to play with.

When I tried the demos of both mississippi and ten pin alley my overwhelming thought was that both games would be good fun with other opponents, either humans online or computer ones, but just didn't work for me as solo games, indeed I don't know why the developers of Mississippi didn't! put computer opponents in sinse so much of the game like those events that affect all players just won't work solo and it'd be no different from the computer player in Jim's monopoly.

Ten pin alley, despite having great sounds and interesting features just seemed to boil down to the same gameplay as something like crazy darts, ie, wait for the right second within a sound and press space. As I said probably a lot of fun with other people, but just not enough gameplay solo, or at least that was my thought unless I missed something when I tried the demo out.

Beware the grue!