well extract the game from the zip package and run the exe file.

At 03:49 a.m. 19/09/2014, you wrote:
HI all
I am struggling a lot to extract the  adventure at c executable.
I downloaded this game through audiogames.net.
 First of all, is it possible to play adventure at c with windows xp?
My xp machine is the only one that I can play games on.
I have a laptop with windows7 but my laptop's earphone socket stopped
working completely.
For me its not possible to play games like side scrollers without earphones.
So if its possible to play adventure at c  with xp, onto my further
question.
I downloaded the game using the latest fire fox.
My downloads directory for fire fox is inside the  my documents folder.
This is what I did thus far:
I went to my downloads directory.
I highlighted the zip file containing the game.
I pressed the context menu key.
I choose the open with submenu and I choose compressed zip  folder.
This opens the zip file using windows explorer.
I highlight all the files.
There is a folder called stages and then there is  the  readme.txt file and
the game executable.
I highlight all 4 items and I choose copy from the edit menu.
The copy item is definitely available; its not dimmed. Next I  open another
instance of windows explorer.
I go into the program files folder on my c drive.
Here I create a folder called adventure at c.
I open the folder I have just created.
I choose paste from the edit menu.
The paste command is available; its not dimmed.
Now I have a screen showing me that the items are copying.
I can hear my hard drive working.
After a couple of minutes the screen closes and I am back in the folder I
have created for adventure at c.
But all the files except for the executable have been copied.
The stages folder and the read me are there, but not the executable.
I now go back to the zip file using windows explorer and I only highlight
and copy  the executable this time
I go to the folder I have created and I paste again.
Again I have the screen showing me the  item are being copied.
Again after a couple of minutes the screen closes and I am back inside my
created folder.
But the executable was not copied.
I retried a few times but still no success.
The only antivirus I have is avast.
Inside the avast interface I went into settings.
Then I went into exclusions; then into file paths.
Now I went back to the folder I have created inside the program files
folder.
I press alt d to move to the address bar.
Now I press home followed by shift end to copy the entire address.
I went back to the exclusions area in avast and I added this path as an
exclusion.
I did the same with the downloads folder.
So it cannot be avast that prevents me  from  copying the executable.
I tried several times to copy the executable after I added both folders to
avastt's exclusion's but no success.
What can I do to  be able to copy the adventure at c  executable?
Many thanks for any help
Bfn
Nicol