Hi all.
After searching around local oction sites I found my new old system I will use
for if games and other games with sfx.
Its a toshiba sxw 3200 part of the t series and was made 2 years before my 1850.
The advantages over the now broke 1850 are the 9mb addon making 13mb and the
116 mb drive although it was p7ut as 120mb.
It seems in good condition for its age and is really cool.
THe add said it was luggable.
What it ment is that to lift it if you wanted to lift the disgusting bag it
came in that is, well it would take a small tank to lift it.
For what its worth its ok apart from the fact that if you power the thing up
you will have to set the bios since its batryless.
Another thing that is a pain is the fact my external synth has a flat battery,
even though I don't use it, and this means bad things will happen.
So far I have reformatted the system, loaded dos 6.22 keynote mastertouch and
keysoft.
In the next few days I will put my gaming software onto my win98 system, then
using interlink and its associated server transfer via paralel or com port, all
of my stuff.
Except for the stuff that needs loading that is.
Eg toshiba utilities, and cleanup of the hard disk.
once thats done, a general config and things.
Then its time to find more power ports and a place to install this monster.
I really can't put it on my desk as it just doesn't  fit there.
It has a full computer keyboard, a thing I am not really used to since I have
always used a laptop style keyboard.
And unless there is a way to get a laptop keyboard with serial or ps2 interface
I may have to learn things.
On the pluss side well who knows.
I can understand now how we mannaged to have slimmed down systems.
This thing weighs a tonn  the keyboard is most of it.
Anyway my real question was now since i have a system that I can play if again
using dos programs, is there anything good I have missed.
after trimming down things I may if I get everything placed as it should start
shopping for more material.
free mind you though.