Hi,

To avoid confusion: Game Maker (http://www.gamemaker.nl/) and Audio Game
Maker (http://www.audiogamemaker.com) are 2 different programs. The first
has been developed by a Dutch professor named Mark Overmars of Utrecht
University (Netherlands) and is an application with which to create your own
games. Game Maker is not intended as an accessible development tool for the
blind (it uses a visual interface) but you can make blind-accessible/audio
games with it. Audio Game Maker is an original idea of Richard van Tol and
Sander Huiberts (that's us) of AudioGames.net/Accessibility/Utrecht School
of the Arts (also Netherlands) and it is intended as an accessible game
development tool for the blind and features an accessible auditory
interface.

And some interesting background information: I have been in contact with
Mark a few times before we started the Audio Game Maker project, to see
whether or not it would be possible to simply make Game Maker accessible
instead of building a complete seperate program. The thing is that Mark is a
very busy man and that with Game Maker he is focusing on other things first.
This means that accessibility might still be a possibility in the future.
But since we couldn't setup a project about making Game Maker accessible, we
decided to setup a different project: to create a specific audio game
development tool - Audio Game Maker!

I talked to Mark at the Dutch Game Days in November of last year and he said
that he was quite excited about the Audio Game Maker project. Hopefully it
will be an inspiration :)

Greets,

Richard

http://www.game-accessibility.com