Hello gamers,
First, I'd like to start by clearing up a bit of confusion I made during
my future of USA Games inquiry. Montezuma's Revenge is well on schedule,
and I was not, nor am I planning on disrupting the development of
Montezuma Revenge by switching programming languages mid development.
Montezuma's Revenge in particular has come to far to be changed to a new
language at this point, and I am personally satisfied with how well it
is coming development wise. That inquiry about future USA games
development inquiry was meant to address games that are developed after
Monty and Raceway 1.0 hit an Internet sight near you, and is selling.So
let's get to the good news.
Second, during the past week many bugs were located, and hopefully fixed
in Alpha 2.
 In Alpha 1, for example, sometimes some of the keys would not be
deleted from your inventory when you opened a door. I think I have
located the source of this annoying bug and fixed it.
Third, also as of this week two weapons can now be found in temple 1.
There is a whip and a sword for you to find and use against the enemy
skulls, snakes, and spiders. As this feature was largely requested and I
did not feel it would not overly change the spirit and originality of
the game play I placed one of each weapon in the temple to find and
used. However, like the original Monty each weapon can only be used once
before being removed from your inventory.
Fourth, since the temple had to be built and redrawn from scratch to
match the original dimensions of the Alchemy version some items did make
a slight move to somewhere else in the temple. For example, the gems
found in room 10 now moved to room 13. This was mainly do to miner
changes in the arrangements in the walls, stone staircases, and other
changes in the temple layout.
Fifth, some miner keyboard changes are in the works. C will speak your
coordinates, w will speak the weapons you are carrying, k announces the
keys you have, p announces the amount of potions you are carrying, and d
now drinks a potion. More about the keyboard will be announced in the
user manual.
Finally, I did say Montezuma's Revenge is right on schedule. That is I
am hoping to release an upgrade anytime between mid February to early
March if all goes well. I don't want to make a mistake of giving an
exact day or hour as allot can change between now and then so I am
hoping to make a bit of a two week bit of leeway to give myself time to
track down last minute bugs, changes, etc...

Sincerely,
Thomas ward