To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2014 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] tiny talk in dos

The problem there is that eSpeak is being implemented by the com port emulator, so as far as dos is concerned, it's communicating with a serial port, which is being handled by com0com and ASAP talking to each other, literally.

But, in terms of eSpeak, it's really so cross platform it's crazy - a little while ago, I played around with a javascript-based, webpage-hosted instance of eSpeak - real issue there was that it needed certain server-side permissions to create output files, since it was really more like a javascript version of the .wav file generating eSpeak utility, and not really a real-time synthesizer as such, but anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA