From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of dark
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 10:18 PM
To: Gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] Audio rpg kickstarter

This is to let everyone who hasn't seen the news on audiogames.net know
about a kickstarter funding campaign for an upcoming audio rpg, Three
monkeys, by Inccus games.

I'll say I chatted to one of the devs myself back in 2013 when a little info
was first given out about the game, and I was extremely impressed with their
dedication, and knolidge of all aspects of game design from sound design to
the engin.

The game is planned to be one where you play a character called Tobar in a
world where the sun has been torn out of the sky by an evil curse. The three
monkeys referd to is the concept from eastern philosophy emboddied in a
statue of three monkeys, hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evi, though how
this ties into the game yet we don't know.

Either way this should show that already the game has a detailed world and
story, and as I said I was extremely impressed by the professional standard
of the devs.

You can find the kickstarter page here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1950090942/three-monkeys-part-1-into-th
e-abyss

And if you'd prefer to use paypal to pledge money, you can do that here:

http://enterbyzantia.com/

If the developer's don't get the amount of money pledged for Kickstarter,
they'll still attempt to make the game happen, but "attempt" is the
operative word, so for anyone who wants a really complex and detailed audio
rpg by some distinctly talented devs, now it's time to put your money where
your mouth is.

Here's what the developers said about the game:

three monkeys is a fantasy rpg that

looks to push the boundaries of what can be achieved with audio in games.

The game puts players in the shoes of Tobar: a blind hero who embarks on

a journey through a dark, cursed land, where the sun has been ripped out

the sky.

While audio games in themselves are not new, they tend to rely on the

same tactics. Most - knowing they have the player deprived of their

primary sense - use scare tactics, throwing the player into an experience

defined by horror and scare-tactics. Three Monkeys looks instead to

empower the player, using mechanics that allow you to be pro-active; to

attack, to make the first move.

The most powerful graphics cards you have at your disposal is your brain,

and we want you to create the world of Byzantia for yourself. Just like

you'd conjour up the imagery to accompany a good book, we want you to

bring our world to life, too. We'll help you along the way, of course.

Key Features:

- Audio adventure / Fantasy RPG for PC

- Fully playable without any visual input; whether you're visually impaired
or

not. Works on all headphones

- Hunt, fight and solve puzzles, all by using your ears.

- Zonal, open world environments; explore Byzantia at your leisure

- Rich world and memorable characters

- Built in Unity

--

We'll be sharing more about the game soon, but if you have any questions

in the meantime, ask away!

I'd also like to direct you to the

Byzantia Tavern

, which is the official forum

for Three Monkeys. If you have discussions to raise about the game, that's

the best place to do it :)

Thanks for reaching!

Byzantia tavern is here:

http://enterbyzantia.com/tavern/

Dark.

There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast
and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even
the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.