Hi Josh,

Actually this is doable.

There is word-processing software for the iPhone and simply pairing the phone
with a bluetooth keyboard will allow one to type and use VoiceOver on the phone
pretty much just as they would use it on their Mac.

So yes, this is definitely possible now. I personally still use a MacBookAir
for long emails and such but I have also used a BT keyboard to do this on my
phone at times as well.

As for desktops becoming a thing of the past, I definitely see this happening
on a daily basis with people doing work on high-powered portables which have
all but completely replaced desktop technology in all but the most severely
demanding circumstances.

In regard to consoles becoming set-top boxes essentially, it seems to be the
other way around really, in the sense that set-top boxes are now incorporating
gaming. So basically the console is merging into the set-top box. Either way
though, it will definitely be interesting to watch this space as more and more
people choose set-top boxes and web services over cable.

Cheers!

Cara
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/models/Cara-Quinn

Follow me on Twitter!