Hi Marvin,

I am assuming here by built-in speech you mean something like SAPI.
Unfortunately, if so I have some bad news for you. Meaning what you
want to do isn't really feasible from a programming point of view.
While you can access SAPI via JavaScript SAPI objects aren't safe, and
in order to use it your client will have to disable lots of stuff in
there internet settings in order to play your game. Asking end users
to disable or compromise their internet security settings just to
communicate with SAPI is unacceptable. So if you are thinking of using
JavaScript to communicate with SAPI its not impossible, but not
recommended by anyone in the know because it is impractical for all
intents and purposes.

In any case if you want to give it a try as I recall you would access
SAPI via an ActiveX  object sort of like this.

Voice = new ActiveXObject("Sapi.SpVoice");
Voice.Speak("Hello world!");

Cheers!