I think if it were presented the right way both ACB and nfb magazines would accept and publish it.

follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982

On 6/15/2015 3:42 PM, dark wrote:
Hi Tom.

There are several topics on the audiogames.net forum where people describe their experiences with the Nfb, and I confess I'm not keen on the immage buseness or the "our way or else" attitude, although as I've only heard second hand accounts I can't speak for more.

With the Rnib, it's more a huuuuuuge! bias towards older people, aka people who will leave them money in their will, (don't believe me, I once attended a so called introduction to the rnib day which spent two hours on that very subject).

However getting back on topic I could see the arguement of using games as teaching aides to be quite a strong one if put correctly, particularly sinse as I said, we are now getting to the point where many of the things used in games are regular parts of life and the technology we have.

For example, if I were newly blind and not used to orientation towards a sound source, playing a game which required this could really! help, especially something like audio defense zombie arena on the Iphone which requires turning in space and pointing the phone the same way you might locate something making a noise in real life.

that's quite apart from satnavs or the tech question.

beware the grue!

Dark.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] info AudioGames Game Engine

Hi Dark,

The organizations here probably wouldn't come out and say blind people
aren't interested in games, but I have a feeling it would go against
their self-image. I could be wrong about this but it seems like a lot
of organizations here try to pass their clients off as professional
blind men and women and have all kinds of concepts of what a blind
person should and should not be doing. I do not have a lot of
firsthand accounts so want to be careful about what I say, but I have
heard from people who have gone through the NFB training centers etc
who absolutely hated their "our way is the right way{" attitude to any
given subject. If something disagrees with their self-image or concept
of what the perfect blind client should be they'll try and discourage
them from using it just because it does not agree with their Borg
unimind.