I yelled many an explitive at the Gray Lady I can tell you. LOL. As for the King Gremlin as I like to call him, I actually would consider him more of a miniboss since there's no cutscene or explanation before you fight him.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.
-----Original Message----- From: Desiree Oudinot
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:35 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Frustrated with the gate, beating the grey lady.

I totally agree with your sentiments. I think she should have been a
later boss too.

I was so frustrated that I was wishing for cheat codes, just so I could
get past her. But after a couple hours of trying, I finally beat her.
You need to hit her, then jump over her, then try to hit her again, and
jump in the opposite direction while she's frozen and screaming in pain.
Repeat the process until she's dead, which, frankly, does take far
longer than it should. I know I'm not explaining it well, and it didn't
make any sense to me either until I'd actually done it.

When I got to the little gremlin dude, as I call him, which is the
second boss, it was so much easier to beat him than the Gray Lady that I
was really questioning why he wasn't the first boss.